Sunday, June 14, 2009

Kickoff to Summer-VBS #1

June 2009 005

I LOVE summer time!  Some of my favorite memories as a child was attending VBS with my friends.  Alot of the bible stories that have stuck in my mind are those that were learned there.  Last week we headed to my parent’s house for the first official start to VBS and summer! 

 

The theme was “Jesus-the Real Peace” and here is a picture of my talented sister, Amy, playing the role of Martha.  Isn’t she a natural :)  They are so sad that Lazarus is dead.  The kids love the skits!

 

 

June 2009 011 June 2009 054 My boys love the fact that their cousins get to come too!  Poor Jennah needs a girl cousin her age.  She is stuck with all the crazy boys!  The last night they had a slide show highlighting the events during the week.  Afterwards they had a huge cookout with hotdogs and snow cones.  Yum!

June 2009 028 June 2009 040 Here is the best of the group shot of my baby brother’s kids and mine.  It is weird going back to the church we grew up in as adults.  So much has changed, but still seems the same.  It is hard to explain.  Even though we only went to the last two nights of VBS, it was a blast!  This church loves children and does an awesome job.  I think it is special to have my parents and grandparents attend this church after all these years.  It is fun to go back and have the friends that I do to talk and laugh with.  I’m thankful my boys have great cousins to grow up with and share life’s journey with.

It’s looking to be a great summer indeed!!

1 comment:

jessica said...

I LOVE these pictures! They made me cry. So cute! I'm so happy our kids are making memories that will last a life time with their cousins. That is so special! Thanks for sharing the photos:) They are precious!