Thursday, August 06, 2009

4th of July

December 009

December 003

December 002

This happened over a MONTH ago?  How is that possible?! 

We invited the family over to our house this year and had a big cookout and not so spectacular fireworks show.  My parents, grandparents, younger brother & sister’s families were all able to come.  Dinner was awesome as I tried out not one but TWO different recipes that turned out pretty darn good-if I do say so myself :)  It was a beautiful day outside and the kids had a wonderful time running around and being together.  Brian and Jonathan went to buy the fireworks and when they returned it seems they bought the store out.  They seemed more excited than the kids to start the show.  We still had a couple of hours until it would be dark enough and the time crept by. 

Then the rain started.  Not a little evening rain, but a storm that put a damper on our plans.  We weren’t sure if we would get to light the fireworks this year.

Plan B came about when the rain turned into a drizzle and we headed to the front yard so the smart ones could sit out of the rain :)  As you can see all the kids along with my husband and brother were the only ones to venture out.  I must admit they had some pretty good fireworks!  Abram didn’t last very long outside as he wanted to get into everything, yet still not walking.  He went to bed easily and the fireworks didn’t seem to bother his sleep. 

Everyone except my grandparents spent the night.  I LOVED it!  It is memories like this that will last a lifetime and I am grateful to those that drove up to share those memories with our kids.  I love my family and their commitment to be there for each other.  It was a great 4th! 

No comments: