Monday, June 15, 2009

Spontaneity at it's finest

Star Wars 2009 139 Star Wars 2009 140

This summer is completely different than what we had anticipated back in January.  First Brian was going to be gone to the state of Washington for 12 weeks for summer camps and second we were looking forward to the birth of our fourth baby.  Neither one came to be.

With Brian’s ACL replacement he has now scheduled physical therapy for the summer instead of summer camp.   He also came up with a fun/crazy idea for a trip, since we wouldn’t be adding that fourth baby too.  Back to Disney World!

I laughed when he first mentioned the idea.  We had just gone back in February . . . and it wasn’t that great. 

BUT!  As he spoke he already had it all planned out and it sounded very fun and cheap!  Disney is celebrating military families and offering a great deal on tickets into the parks.  He found a beautiful hotel, less than 5 minutes from the parks, that is a SUITE and cheaper than the value hotel we stayed in last time.  He found an amazing deal on airline tickets that would have us flying out of Dallas for a direct flight to Orlando.  No layovers!!  Even though our hotel has a shuttle that would take us to the parks each day, he wanted to do something different.  We hated waiting on the shuttles each night/day and the people that were around at all times.  He has a buddy who is in the car leasing business and found a great deal on a rental car.  Icing on top of all the deals?  Star Wars Weekend at Hollywood Studios!  Seriously?!?! 

I was sold and we were heading BACK to Disney!!!

My husband is a deal finder, he has a gift!  I love his enthusiasm and the ability to make dreams a reality.  This vacation was amazing!  I should have let him plan it the last time.  We had tons of fun, stayed up long past midnight and didn’t schedule each second of our day, but just let the magic happen.  And it did!!  Our last minute plan was a success and I am glad he thought it up, it was just what I needed!

Tuesday night as we are dragging our suitcases into the house and trying to find PJ’s for bedtime Cooper comes down the hall and wraps his skinny arms around my waist . . . “thanks for taking me to Disney World, I had the best time ever!”

Melt my heart.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

That is awesome. I wish we were spontaneous like you guys!! :)